Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Double Tenth Thanksgiving

So sorry for the lack of posts over the past weekend. I was busy working out a few details on the status of all my permits. It turns out I don't have the HIV and I am aloud to stay in the country for 1 year, wooooooooooo. Ok, so Friday was a holiday for us over here. The day is called Double Tenth Day and it is Taiwan's birthday. There were flags all over the streets and I heard that many parades were suppose to be happening, but I don't think I saw any. I think I might have seen what looked to be something resembling a parade but I wasn't fully sure. There were some rickity floats, some costumes, and a guy barfing in the corner, all signs pointed to parade but I couldn't be sure. Anyway here is a Big Up to Thanksgiving home style.


Liz


Photos courtesy of F. Loek - Mississauga News.

4 comments:

  1. yes fritz. what a guy.
    happy thanksgiving friend.
    much akin love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonnyy,
    Hope that you had a decent thanksgiving away from home. I know that missing holidays is the whackest part of being in a foreign land.

    I cooked a chicken for my fake thanksgiving!

    hope all is well
    <3 Jones

    ReplyDelete